8th International PTR-MS Conference 2019
Grauer Baer, Innsbruck - Austria
4th February - 8th February 2019
PTR-MS (Proton Transfer Reaction-Mass Spectrometry) is a relatively new technology developed at the Institute of Ion Physics at the University of Innsbruck in the 1990#x92;s. PTR-MS has been found to be an extremely powerful and promising technology for the detection of volatile organic compounds (VOC) at ultra low concentrations (pptv) in gaseous media, such as air. PTR-MS has been successfully employed in many fields of research, including atmospheric chemistry and environmental research, food and flavour technology, medicine and biotechnology and many other applications in the industry.
The Institute of Ion Physics and Applied Physics of the University of Innsbruck is proud to announce that the 8th International PTR-MS Conference will take place in Innsbruck, Austria.
The 8th PTR-MS conference continues a conference series which started in 2003 to provide a forum for researchers dedicated to:
- the further development of PTR-MS & PTR-TOFMS with particular focus on the implementation of new sophisticated mass spectrometric techniques
- the development and application of chemical ionization methods for on-line gas-phase and particulate-phase analysis that go beyond PTR-MS
- the application of PTR-MS to various scientific disciplines with particular focus on environmental sciences, food technology, biotechnology and medicine, applications in the industry
The conference aims to bring together an outstanding and diverse group of scientists to:
- enhance communication and discussion within the PTR-MS community
- improve the contacts between instrument developers and users
- stimulate the exchange of ideas and experiences with other CIMS communities
- stimulate the discovery of novel applications
The conference will take place just after the PTR-MS training course organized by IONICON from 1st February to 4th February 2019 in Innsbruck.
More Information at the Webpage.